We Southern girls love our football as much as we love entertaining, which makes this our favorite time of year! Countdown to kickoff is almost like counting down to Christmas morning.
We have to have our college colors on (we're a house divided here at Only Southern Made between the Clemson Tigers and South Carolina Gamecocks), cold beer in hand, and as many yummy appetizers as the table will hold.
Any self respecting Southern girl has at least four cream cheese packages in her fridge starting in August. You just never know when a football party will pop up, or how long it will last, and you have to be prepared!
Here are some tips to make sure your next tailgate party is a blast, win or lose:
1. Beer, beer & more beer! Ice it down and make it easy for guests to help themselves. And if it's a noon game, serve Mimosas & Blood Mary's. If you are entertaining at home, set up a Bourbon bar. Make it fun and self serve!
2. Food! No tailgate is complete without lots of yummy apps to snack on. You can even theme them to time of day (biscuits & monkey bread for those early games), your team (Tiger Bites
for Clemson fans) or your opponent (playing Texas A&M? Go TexMex with some Texas Best Cheese Dip
3. Put all those yummy apps on some collegiate serving pieces! Don't forget football-themed napkins & plates and any other flags, pennants and team decor to add flair to your table.
4. Show your team spirit! Dress up your college T-shirt with fun jewelry or a monogrammed bag. Who says you can't be cute while you holler for your team!
5. Be sure to have extras for your guests! Face stickers, pom poms, and koozies to share will get all your guests in the spirit.
Most of all, keep it light and fun - because we all know we need to save our energy for cheering our team on to the win! Merry football season, y'all!!